- We have been actively participating in Midwinter Waterfowl Census in Santragachhi Jheel in Howrah District, West Bengal since 2011. The census is performed under the guidance of Prakriti Samsad and the report is submitted to West Bengal Biodiversity Board every year. A prolong study of the bird diversity of the waterbody is also underway and the findings have been incorporated in a book – “Birds of Santragachhi Jheel” which was published in 2020.
- We have executed the Midwinter Waterfowl Census at several waterbodies of Nadia District, West Bengal under the superintendence of the Nadia Murshidabad Forest Division in 2021. The reports have been duly submitted to the Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal.
- We are on the verge of beginning a seasonal bird diversity study in different areas under Nadia-Murshidabad Forest Division, the work is all set to begin in the last week of September 2021 under the superintendence of the Forest Department.
- Along the coast of Purba Medinipore, West Bengal, Nature Mates did Aquatic Avifauna Sampling during December 2020 to February 2021 under the Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal. The result of that effort got published in form of a book – “Water Birds of Purba Medinipur”. The book was published in collaboration with the Forest Department.
- We have executed the Midwinter Waterfowl Census at Banabitan, Kolkata, West Bengal under the superintendence of the Urban Recreation Forestry Division in 2021. The reports have been duly submitted to the Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal.
Species Specific Projects
Under the superintendence of the Esteemed Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal, team Nature Mates have executed deer census in different wildlife sanctuaries in West Bengal, India.
Under the Nadia-Murshidabad Forest Division, we have completed an extensive population estimation of Spotted Deer in January 2021
In January 2021, we have also completed extensive population estimation of Spotted Deer in Bibhutibhusan Wildlife Sanctuary under North 24 Parganas Forest Division.
The reports have been duly submitted to the Forest Department which contains the result of the study and important findings during he work.
Studies of Flora & Fauna
We have carried out intensive study of fauna in KPC Medical College premises, Kolkata and carried out Tree Census in 2019 with the financial assistance of the KPC group.
In 2020, as required by the Kolkata Port Trust authorities we have carried out a biodiversity documentation and tree census in the Kolkata Port Trust action area.
The results have been duly submitted to the respective authorities and the findings have been incorporated by them in their further management plans.